Fashion Forward Elastic-Waisted Shorts? Ummm….YES PLEASE!!
Here are the top 5 reasons why I’m loving the paper bag waist trend:
1. First of all, they feel like you’re wearing pajama bottoms, without looking like you’re wearing pajama bottoms. Winning all around here.
2. They tend to be high-waisted, which when it comes to shorts, can also create the illusion of longer legs (as long as the inseam isn’t too long, of course). Definitely a bonus for shorties like me.;)
3. They make THE PERFECT brunch addition. Let’s face it, nobody likes their mimosa and huevos rancheros babies muffin-topping over their low rise pant waists. It’s horribly uncomfortable and happens to even the skinniest of us (at least that’s what my super skinny friends tell me;)). So if there’s a chance I can have my bottoms pulled up over my food baby, and actually look fashionable while doing so, then I am all in.
4. The style possibilities are truly endless with soooo many different prints and fabrics available, and they really give you the appearance of being pull-together, all while feeling incredibly comfortable.
5. Lastly, they are usually extremely budget friendly. Can I just mention here that the paper bag waist shorts I’m sporting above only set me back NINE DOLLARS!? I mean….that’s bananas, and thankfully there are plenty more where they came from. (insert cartwheel emoji)
Check out some of my recent paper-bag waist crushes below!
(you can just click the pic to shop;))
Now tell me, what other qualities that make this trend the total bomb-diggity have I forgotten to list??